pewag has hundreds of years experience in the manufacturing of chains and their components. Since the first documented reference of its forging plant in Brueckl, Austria in 1479, the pewag group has become one of the leading chain manufacturers worldwide. Today its success is based on well-engineered, state-of-the-art quality products. pewag’s primary product lines are traction chains, industrial chains and tire-protection-chains.
pewag Inc. is the North American distribution company and service center, which was founded in 1975. With pewag Inc. distribution locations in Illinois and California and affiliated locations across the country, pewag Inc. strives to provide excellent customer service and technical support in the United States and Canada.
pewag has a long and proud history of innovation in chain technology. In the past 40 years, pewag has continued to establish itself as the innovator in the North American chain market. A few examples:
- First manufacturer world-wide to introduce Grade 120 chains and components in 2003. Grade 120 offers 50% higher working load limits than the Grade 80 chains!
- Winner of the “Pinnacle Award” from the readers of Craneworks Magazine for the best product innovation in the category “material handling” in 2004.
Tire protection chains:
- pewag was the first chain manufacturer to supply chains for the giant CAT 994 loader and set the record in the Guinness Book of World Records in 1992.
- pewag was also the first company world-wide to offer 23mm chains for giant loaders in 2007.
- pewag is the first manufacturer to offer the innovative SNOX- self-mounting passenger car chain.
In 2009 pewag Inc. opened its brand new 55,000 sq.ft. distribution center in Bolingbrook, Illinois just outside of Chicago. Located next to the Interstate 55 (former Route 66), pewag is prominently visible and well-positioned to serve the needs of its customers.
In 2014 pewag opened a brand new chain manufacturing plant in Pueblo, Colorado. The new state-of-the-art plant will manufacture snow chains for the North American market. Currently the factory produces many sizes of snow chains with USA made steel and is able to serve the USA market with out having to rely on foreign sources. From passenger cars to loader and grader chains, our USA factory is built to meet the needs of our customers with short lead times, while producing the world's most reliable snow chain available.
Please see the factory tour under the videos section and tours are welcome with appointments.